Your employment contract for the 2023-2024 school year is ready for you to review and accept in
OneSource. Contracts must be accepted or rejected by midnight on Saturday, April 15, 2023.
Before accepting your contract, note the following:
- By accepting your contract, you are agreeing to be employed by the Houston Independent
School District (HISD) for the 2023-2024 school year.
- The deadline for teachers to resign for the 2023-2024 school year without penalty
(reporting to TEA) is July 14, 2023, which is the forty-fifth day before the first day of
- If you intend to resign prior to the beginning of the school year, you must complete the
resignation form found in OneSource no later than July 14, 2023. If you are hand delivering
a resignation form to Human Resources, we must receive it by Friday, July 14th. The
Police Officer at the front desk of the Hattie Mae White building will accept the
resignation form since district offices are closed on Fridays.
- If you are not returning to HISD for the 2023-2024 school year, you will need to “Reject” your
contract in OneSource. You must also submit a voluntary separation form found in your
Employee Self Service tab in OneSource, no later than July 14, 2023.
- Resignations received after July 14, 2023, including resignations occurring during the 2023-
2024 school year, will be reported to the Texas Education Agency and could result in the
revocation of your certification and possible sanctions. This does not affect persons retiring
prior to the end of the 2022-2023 school year.